Sunday, February 28, 2010

Found an apartment!



Happy news! My apartment hunting is over. We have rented a 'house of character' against the advice of pretty much everyone....my boss thinks I'm nuts, for one, and since the contract is in the company's name they have to be involved. However, I'm happy with it, it's in a great location, and since we're not buying yet who cares if it's not a sensible investment. Besides, I couldn't manage another day commuting from Birzebbuga to Mosta. It was ridiculous.

Conveniently, the apartment is right next to:
- the bus to work
- the bus to St. Julian's (resort, club, and expat area)
- the rugby pitch

Yes, that's right, I've launched the instant social networking tool that is rugby, and I took my boots down to the pitch on Thursday night, at which point I was invited out for a social drink on Thursday night, sports watching on Friday night, rugby playing on Saturday, a ridiculous party on Saturday night (which I wussed out on because I had a giant headache, probably from too much sun!), sports watching on Sunday afternoon..... ahhh, insta friends. Just add rugby.

Still no internet at the apartment, so I occasionally stand outside McDonalds like I'm waiting for someone and use their connection on my phone ;-)


No comments: