Sunday, March 21, 2010

75% to Malta




Alright, Frank has arrived in Malta! Okay, the above photo is from the Sheraton in Brussels, where Frank retreated to the sink. He's always had a weird thing for sinks.

We arrived about 23:00 into the Luqa airport. I was a little wary about there being a vet on staff on Saturday night, and I was apparently right. However, the customs officer took charge, phoned the vet, and waved me on through.

Today's accomplishments are many so far:
1. Found a good Sunday grocery store nearby (open from 07:00 to 13:00)
2. Hung the wireless router out the second story window, so now I have wireless on the roof (fourth story)!

Obviously not a long term solution, but my internet tech/husband is arriving on Friday and I'm hoping he will wire the place up properly. It is just such a gorgeous day, I couldn't stay cooped up inside.

Frank seems to be adapting well, he is terribly skinny but he's doing his best to fatten up, including eating Maltese bugs, which he wasted no time getting down to business.






1 comment:

Anna MacLachlan said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. My husband and I moved to Malta last September. We are still figuring things out. BTW you can buy your groceries online and have them delivered if you do not have a car. www. smart.com.mt